1. Cajole a newbie into leading a hard route. Get creative – use peer pressure!
2. Bail off a route, then ask someone to rescue your draws. ‘You’re gonna climb it too, right??’
3. Eat someone’s Cliff Bar
4. Set up a toprope on a popular sport route on a busy weekend, then work the shit out of the route for hours. ‘You’re just gonna have to wait till I get the redpoint, folks.’
5. Ask to borrow someone’s rope, then take huge whippers on it
6. When hanging draws for a weaker partner on a long route, skip a bolt or two, and send up the next leader with no extra draw
7. Project a route for an hour, then leave quickly without offering to belay your partner
8. Shout beta as someone’s going for an onsight, then yell ‘NICE FLASH, DUDE!’
9. Promise a short climber that the route has no reachy moves when you need to be jack-in-the-beanstock to reach the critical hold
10. After everyone leaves, poop at the base of a route (EWW!)
11. Yell ‘it eases up!’ when it really gets a LOT harder
12. Hang the draws for a weaker climber, making sure to put a draw with a locking biner at the crux; and LOCK the biner.
13. Carry a small backback which doesnt fit gear or rope, then ask to join in with a group